Syntax Used in CSS Property Definitions
- Value of type Foo. Common types are discussed on the Units page.
- A keyword that must appear literally (though without case sensitivity). Commas and slashes must also appear literally.
- A B C
- A must occur, then B, then C, in that order.
- A | B
- A or B must occur.
- A || B
- A or B or both must occur, in any order.
- [ Foo ]
- Brackets are used to group items together.
- Foo is repeated zero or more times.
- Foo is repeated one or more times.
- Foo is optional.
- Foo must occur at least A times and at most B times.
Maintained by John Pozadzides and Liam Quinn
CSS Index ~ CSS Structure ~ CSS Properties
Copyright © 1997 John Pozadzides and Liam Quinn. All rights reserved.